The days are short, the weather is chilly and the holidays are almost here! You’ve probably got a whole lot on the go right now, and if you’re anything like me, bracing the cold to get out of the house and off to the gym feels like a pretty big task. However, just because going to the gym has lost it’s appeal, doesn’t mean that you can’t get a great workout. Here is a super simple, full body workout that you can do right at home, all you need is a chair!
Warm-up: (2 – 3 rounds)
- 12 – 15 Plank with step outs or Plank Jacks
- 12 – 15 Body weight squats
Circuit 1: (3 – 4 rounds)
- 12 Single leg sit downs per leg
- 15 Alternating Chair Toe Tap per leg (quickly)
- 12 Incline or Decline Push-ups
- 12 Russian Twists per side
Circuit 2: (3 – 4 rounds)
- 15 Decline Glute Bridges
- 12 Burpees
- 15 Prone Superman Lat Rows
- 12 V-Ups
Make sure to finish up with a 5 – 10 minute cool down which could include some light jogging or walking, (or hey, you’re in the privacy of your own home, have a mini dance party) and a full body stretch.
Note: Each of these exercises can be modified for different fitness levels! Post a comment, or send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more!