When you look outside, and check the weather, cuddling up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and a blanket seems like a pretty good idea.
This year, however, I’ve been substituting my usual cup of cocoa for something with a little extra oomph, to help support my immune system through this difficult time. Bulletproof Turmeric and Ginger Tea!
This delicious hot drink, is simple, and fully of wholesome ingredients that support health.
Here’s what you’ll need!
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Splash of almond milk (or other milk if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
I also like to add a dash of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla, just because!
On the stove, bring water and coconut oil to a boil.
Reduce heat to simmer and add turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla.
Let simmer for 10 mins.
Remove from heat, add milk and stir thoroughly
Strain liquid through a mesh colander or cheesecloth.
Stir in honey, and enjoy!
In addition to being delicious, here are some of the health benefits of this tasty drink!
- Coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral, which means it aids your immune system. In addition, it contains medium chain fatty acids which support memory and brain health!
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and has antioxidant properties which help support the immune system and promote tissue repair.
- Ginger helps settle the stomach and reduce nausea, and is also anti-inflammatory and helps to reduce muscle and joint pain.
- Raw honey contains natural enzymes which promote digestion, as well as a variety of minerals that contribute to overall health.